September 28, 2012

Crazy Awesome Day 9/27

Yesterday was a big day!

1. I took my Old Testament midterm and I think I did a pretty reasonable job on it. Questions ranged from- Who was Ruth's first husband? (A: Mahlon) to- What was the relationship between the focus of the outer courtyard and that of the inner court yard in the tabernacle (A: too long to type) to our essay question concerning the Abrahamic Covenant and its affect through time to our day.

2. I purchased my very own wood carving at Omar's! I spent almost 3 weeks thinking about buying it and I couldn't be happier! This picture doesn't nearly do it justice, but I absolutely love it and can not wait to have it in my own home someday. Its pretty obvious how much Omar loves Mormons with that Utah State flag in the back! Half of the store is made up of Joseph Smith, Emma, Book of Mormon characters, and BYU cougar carvings!


3. My friends and I cruised around the old city. We soaked in the atmosphere and I got my first schwarma! Looks good, yeah? Now I can check that off my list of things to do in Israel.


4. After a long afternoon of homework, we got to participate in a mock- Seder meal in the Oasis at the JC. Its not too often that Passover falls on the day after Yom Kippur! Our Near Eastern Studies professor headed the meal and showed us exactly how the Seder is performed in his own household. Our assigned seating put me at the esteemed Table 1, so I felt pretty special :) The most important thing about this meal is order! We sang songs together which told the story of the Passover and read lots of blessings over the food. I got to sing in a small group the song, "Y'vareh et Bet Yisra-El which is essentially a hallelujah song for after the meal. This dinner was an awesome experience and I feel like I have a better understanding of Jewish culture now. 



It was a crazy awesome day!
P.S. Today is World Wide Rabies Day! We celebrate every occasion here at the JC!

No comments:

Post a Comment